Sleep Clinic in Fort Bragg
If you suspect you may have a sleep disorder, our sleep center provides sleep studies in Fort Bragg, NC. Getting the proper sleep every night is vital to your overall health, and we’re committed to setting you on the path towards more peaceful nights.
Common Signs of a Sleep Disorder
Sleep disorders can affect everyone differently, but there are a few telltale signs that you may require the help of a sleep specialist. The most common indications include:
- Difficulty falling or staying asleep
- Excessive sleepiness in the daytime
- Increased movement or trouble breathing during sleep
- Irregular sleep and wake cycle
We Specialize in All Sleep Disorders
Our sleep center in Fort Bragg is dedicated to treating a wide range of sleep disorders so you can get the most out of your care. While some disorders may not always seem distinct, our specialists are trained to narrow down your specific issue and find an effective solution in a timely manner. Whether it’s insomnia, sleep apnea, or narcolepsy, we’ve got you covered.
How it Works
A sleep study monitors a number of the body’s functions in order to determine why a person is experiencing a sleep disorder. There are a variety of studies available to help patients find their specific disorder, with the most common being polysomnogram, multiple sleep latency tests, maintenance of wakefulness tests, and home sleep tests. These studies work by monitoring things like brain activity and muscular movement to identify any inconsistencies that would be indicative of a sleep disorder.
Sleep specialists are also able to employ several assessments such as EEG tests and ECG tests in order to narrow down the specific issue that may be causing a sleep disorder.
What to Expect Before Your Appointment
Sleep studies are designed to be as minimally invasive and painless as possible. The most important aspect of the test is that you’re able to get some sleep, so our technicians will do everything they can to ensure your comfort. In order to make the process as seamless as possible, there are some other ways you can prepare before arriving for you appointment:
- Clean your hair and make sure it’s free of excessive hair products
- Don’t consume any caffeine after 12 PM on the day of your appointment
- Bring any medications that you regularly take
- Pack a toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, and any other toiletries you require
- Pajama pants, t-shirts, or gowns are appropriate attire (No silk or satin materials)
- We provide pillows and blankets, but you are welcome to bring your own from home
- We have cable television, but you may bring reading materials, music, or anything else to entertain yourself with
- Please do not bring any pets, alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, firearms, or any other inappropriate items
- Please do not bring any valuables
- Fill out any necessary forms before arriving for your appointment
Who We Are
USA Sleep Diagnostic Services is a private practice that provides diagnosis and treatment of sleep-related disorders in Fort Bragg, NC. Our physicians are dedicated to securing your health and maintaining your comfort, so you can live a more restful life. With over 20 twenty years of experience, we have the tools you need to get a good night’s sleep.