How to Prepare For Your in Lab Sleep Study
Before you arrive at our facility, and to help ensure a comfortable time, you should prepare the following items:
- Your hair should be clean and free of excessive products.
- Pack toiletries such as deodorant, toothbrush and toothpaste.
- No caffeine after 12 PM the day of the test.
- Bring any medications you regularly take at night or in the morning.
- Pajama pants, t-shirt or gowns are appropriate attire. (NO SILK OR SATIN, etc.)
- We do have cable, but you may bring reading material, music, or anything else that you use to regularly entertain yourself.
- We provide pillows and blankets, feel free to bring your favorite from home.
- Please do not bring any valuables with you to the sleep lab.
- Please do not bring pets, firearms, alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs or any inappropriate items.
Please be sure to bring the following necessary items to your sleep lab appointment:
- Health Insurance ID Card
- Photo ID (e.g. Driver’s License)
- Completed Intake Paperwork
Time of Arrival For Our Clinic
Please arrive promptly at 8 PM (our regular appointment time) unless other arrangements were made with USA Sleep Diagnostic Services.
Checkout for our sleep lab is at 6 AM sharp the next morning. If you need to leave earlier, please notify one of our sleep specialists and we will try our best to accommodate your request.
How Our Procedure Works When You Arrive
When you arrive, our team of sleep specialists will check you in and guide you through the process of getting comfortable in your quarters. Our team will give you simple instructions and show you exactly how to attach the monitoring device to your body.
How Our Sleep Studies Work
Our sleep studies work by monitoring several variables including heart rate, breathing activity, body movement, and brain activity. Not every test measures these. Your sleep specialist will determine what gets measured prior to your appointment at the sleep clinic. Prior to laying down for bed, you’ll attach a monitoring device to your body that will measure the aforementioned variables.
What to Avoid Before Your Visit
Please avoid eating heavy meals or any caffeine after 12 PM the day of the test. This will ensure that we get accurate measurements during your sleep study.
Receiving Your Results
You will receive results within 72 hours of your sleep study. When you do, your sleep specialist will explain the next actions if necessary.
Contact Us If You Have Any Questions
If you have any questions or concerns about your USA Sleep Diagnostic Services sleep study or would like to make an appointment, please contact us today!